Saturday, August 5, 2017

Last stop in Louisiana

We are now camped up at the South Toledo Bend State Park. Our campsite is on the shores of the Toledo Bend Reservoir. Some pics:

With no neighbours, we have the place to ourselves!

Brenda in her favourite pose - sheltering in the shade where its's only 95 degrees.

A view of the lake from the back of our campsite

Brenda and I love staying in the State Parks. They are generally very well maintained, spacious and always located in beautiful places. A great asset for American RV'ers (and imposers like us)!

We have three nights here - a chance to just chill out after the long haul flights and the hectic start to our trip. After that - we leave Louisiana and cross the state line into Texas on our way west. Once we are in the Lone Star State, maybe I should start wearing my cowboy boots! Nah - it's gonna be over a 100f in Texas - I will stick with shorts and good old kiwi jandals (flip-flops for you Americans).

I just hope I don't stand on any rattle snakes! Perhaps that's why Texans wear boots in 100 degrees of heat.

On our way into the campsite here - I saw a sign advertising the sale of fresh "Jumbo Shrimp". So I think I might take a quick ride out on the scooter to go shopping for tomorrow night's dinner. 😀



1 comment: